Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Show and Tell Tuesday - How We Met and Got Engaged

Well I guess I just love linking up with Andrea at Momfessionals. She is hosting a year long link party called Show and Tell Tuesdays. I will try to participate in as many as possible. It is kind of fun to have someone give you a topic to write about and then you get to read everyone else's responses too!


How We Met

The story of how we met is not all that entertaining. I will tell you anyways though. We both went out for a mutual friends' 21st birthday. She was one of my good friends at the time and had recently found Justin and his brother on Facebook and invited them to come out with us. They all knew each other from elementary school. We all went out together and Justin and I got along really well. The next day I started texting him from my friends phone. He asked me out on an ice cream date and the rest is history. 


How We Got Engaged

The story of how we got engaged is much better. First of all, I knew he had the ring. We picked it out together so I was eagerly waiting for him to propose. When I found out we were going on a surprise trip to the beach, I knew that it had to be for the proposal! We went out to the coast for the weekend and Justin had reserved a beautiful room at a bed and breakfast. 

We stayed in the tower room because it was the most Princess like room and Justin thought I would love it. I did! It was so pretty there. The first night we were there we just hung out because it was raining really hard. This is also the night we became obsessed with House of Cards. We watched so many episodes. The second night we went to this super fancy Irish restaurant. I was convinced that he would propose there or maybe prior to dinner on the beach (he loves that beach!). Wrong again. At the end of the night my finger was still bare. To make is worse, we were sitting right next to this couple who had just got engaged earlier that day.

On our last morning it was so rainy. I figured there was no way he was going to propose that day. We ate breakfast at the hotel and then decided to go for a rainy walk on the beach before heading home. It was wet and cold and the tide was up really really high. We couldn't even walk down to Justin's favorite spot. 

We were walking along and decided to try and get into this cove while the waves went out. We ran as fast as we could and got into the cove. It was pretty and secluded from the rest of the beach. We wanted to go around the other side of the cove and see what was over there. We were waiting for the waves to go out and the sun came out and the clouds parted as we counted 1, 2, 3...

Justin grabbed my hand and pulled me backwards into the cove and got down on one knee. He pulled out the ring and I was soooo excited I immediately pulled it out of the box and said yes. Before he even had time to give his whole speech. That was so embarrassing, but I seriously could not contain myself for another second! We went over to a rock and sat down to talk so I could hear what he had to say and it was so sweet. 

After we spent some time being excited, we went up towards the city so we could make some phone calls and tell all of our favorite people. Justin finally made me put down the phone and we decided to go on an ice cream date just like our first date. I pretty much spent the entire time staring at my ring. It is so pretty! 
Well I hope you enjoyed our story from April 20th, 2013. We can't change it and I wouldn't want to! It kind of describes us pretty perfectly. I think I'm in for a lifetime of ice cream dates, which I love! Maybe I will write a post about the wedding soon :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow