Thursday, February 19, 2015

What I'm Reading

I have read 4 books so far in 2015. My goal is to read 25 books a year. I started the goal about 5 years ago and sadly I have never come close! But, as usual, I'm starting off the year strong. I'm currently reading book #5.

So what have I read so far??

#1-#3 The Maze Runner Series (minus The Kill Order)



So I have a thing about reading the book before seeing the movie. Which of course is dumb because I always like the book better. Movies just cannot get all of the details in there. I also have an obsession with utopian/dystopian books. I love reading about government systems and why they would work or don't work. So when I saw that The Maze Runner was coming to Redbox, I had to get going on reading it before Justin brought home the movie one Friday night for us to watch. Davina happened to have the first book and let me borrow it. I think it only took me two days to read the first book. They are young adult books, so definitely an easy read. I could not put the first book down...

But, it kind of gave me anxiety. It is so stressful the entire time. I had to keep reading to see if it got less stressful! But it never did! So that part was kind of a love/hate relationship for me. Don't get me wrong, they are all good books. Just very intense. It was not a relaxing read for me at all. By the time I got to the second book I thought, wow things have be less crazy now. Nope, wrong again. But I kept on reading. The third book didn't let up either. I started to get used to it a bit. I will say I felt relieved when I finally finished The Death Cure. Plus it definitely had an ending that I could live with. I hate when books have annoying endings.

I know there is one more book in the series, The Kill Order. After all the crazy stress and late nights not being able to put these books down, I was looking for something more relaxing to read. I will probably pick up The Kill Order, which is the prequel book, some other time just to finish off the series. But for now I needed to give it a break.

Oh and yes, I did see the movie for the first book. It was good! But they left out so much and they had to change a few things for it to make sense that way. Book is better...as usual.

Okay, on to #4 Three Wishes by Liane Moriarty

  

I absolutely love Sophie Kinsella and Emily Giffin. They are two of my favorite authors. I read somewhere that Liane Moriarty had a similar style. I went to check out her most recent book, but the library said it was checked out for like 57 days or something annoying like that. So I decided to read her first book instead since it was available right away. 

I was not disappointed. I loved this book. The main characters are a set of female triplets going through life in their 30s. Each one of them has a very distinct and relatable personality that made me feel like I knew them. I felt so many different emotions while reading this book. But most of all, it was funny. I love a book when it can make me laugh. This was definitely a good one. Watch out, you will likely see many more Liane Moriarty books in the near future. In fact, #5 is The Last Anniversary by Liane Moriarty.

More books to come. Maybe I will even make it to 25 this year. What are you reading? I'm always looking for good suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow