Thursday, February 5, 2015

Why in the world would I want to write a blog?

Why the name Better Off Benedict??

Well no offense to my Smith family, but I love being married to my amazing husband. I know that everyone says that, but seriously, I’m one of the lucky ones. Life was pretty awesome as a Smith too! I have the best family and friends a girl could ask for. I will admit that it is so weird not being a Smith anymore. Especially having a different last name than my parents. Nobody told me how strange it would be. That being said, my new last name reminds every day how fortunate I am to have Justin in my life.

Here are some of my favorite Smith's! Sorry I don't have photos with everyone.

He is patient and so caring which keeps me grounded in everything that I do. He puts up with a lot of crap from me because I’m a princess, duh. But he wakes up every day with a renewed attitude no matter what life throws our way. He gives each and every situation his very best. I could definitely learn from his calm and positive outlook on life. But for now I will continue to be the loud irrational one :)

I wanted to name the blog something that I could relate to every day and something that was a reminder of who I am. This seems to fit perfectly. I’m a wife, daughter, auntie, and friend. While I’m still a Smith at heart, I’m truly better off being a Benedict. 



Why did I want to write a blog?

I’m so inspired by the blogs that I read every day. My FAVORITE blog to date is written by Shay Shull aka Mix and Match Mama. I don’t think the things I talk about on this blog will be anywhere near as entertaining as what she has to say. But I do love the fact that she is writing the story of her family as they go about their everyday life. I want to have that documented forever too!  Some day when her kids are older they will say “Mom remember the best snow day ever?” and she will be able to say “Yes I do, I wrote a blog post about it!” They will be able to hold on to those sweet memories. I want to be able to remember everything we do together too now and in the future!

Another reason I wanted to write a blog is because I don’t like using Facebook. You might have noticed that I even deactivated it recently. I still want a place to share our life with family and close friends. Especially since we don’t live close to everyone. So instead of sharing my life with all my Facebook friends, I will just share it with the whole world. Kind of backwards I guess, but I feel like this is a more intimate setting for me.

I also just miss writing. I’m tired of only writing work emails all the time. I want to write for myself and write about things that I care about and love. This seems like the perfect outlet to share my life! And the perfect time to do so since Justin and I are newlyweds (how long do you get to say that?).

Okay last but not least, I have to give a special thanks to Corinne Miller for the great blog name and for teaching me all about blogging.  I hope you all enjoy reading the blog as much I enjoy writing it!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the page && love the shout out! I'm so glad I'll be able to keep track of what you're up to all the way in Oregon! I miss it there and I miss you!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shay's blog was one of the first blogs I fell in love with and also one of the ones that inspired me to start blogging for real! She's so positive but also realistic which I love. Can't wait to follow along with your blogging adverture!

    ReplyDelete

Follow