Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Show and Tell Tuesday: Most Embarrassing Moment

I have been thinking about what to write about as my most embarrassing moment ever since I saw the original post listing out the topics for Show and Tell Tuesday. Andrea at Momfessionals came up with some good topics for this linkup. 
My most embarrassing moment was sometime during my college years. My roommate at the time, Julianne, had invited me to come to the Beavers game with her family. I was so excited because I hadn't gone to very many games before. Plus her family is one of my favorites to hang out with. 

A little bit of background for you: That week, I had started taking some new medication. I was in college and pretty much thought I was invincible when it came to alcohol. I had no idea how my body would react to drinking after taking this new medication. 
**none of these photos are from that actual day. I don't think I took any. You will see why.

The game ended up being at noon, which meant we would arrive very early (7am maybe?) and begin the tailgating day as soon as possible. As usual, we spent the night at her parents house the night before and woke up bright and early. We took the beaver bus down to the game and began drinking like the college kids that we were the second we arrived. I specifically remember eating omelets in a bag at that tailgate. 
(we were babies!!)

We were playing WSU that day who was exceptionally bad that season. We knew we would win. By the time everyone was ready to go into the stadium I wasn't feeling so hot. I remember thinking I should just stay on the bus, but Julianne told me I had to come in. Between the medication and the early morning alcohol I was a serious mess. As we walked into the stadium I tripped up the stairs in front of security and almost got us in big trouble. I have no idea how Julianne got us out of that one. While we were walking to our seats I fell down the stairs multiple times. When we finally sat down Julianne turned to her parents and said "Mom, Katie needs food and water like right now." The next thing I know they are all feeding my nachos and making me drink a bunch of water. I couldn't even walk or pay any attention to the game. Good thing I had a few hours to sit and sober up. I was soooo embarrassed. I was probably crying and asking everyone if they were mad at me for drinking too much. The thing is, I didn't really drink that much, it was mostly the medication and alcohol mixing together - that's my story and I'm sticking to it!! 

Jules cousin Nathan decided to name me Drunk Katie. Once everyone figured out that I was not a crazy college kid who couldn't handle her alcohol, the nickname still stuck. To this day, the entire Bauer/Opra family still calls me drunk Katie.  To make it worse, we lost to the worst team in the Pac-10 that day. Probably because I wasn't paying attention ;) I'm so thankful to still have Julianne and her family in my life, even if I have to live with the nickname!

I can't believe I just told that story for the whole blog world to read. I hope the rest of these embarrassing moments make it totally worth it though!

3 comments:

  1. HAHHAHA! Love this!! Hilarious :-) Love that the nickname has stuck too. I felt the SAME way about sharing an embarrassing story for the entire world. I was like "this better be worth it!" but these are hilarious so I'm really glad you opened up!
    -Erin (No Bohns About It)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant believe you told that story either. And that is so you to ask everyone if they are mad when you have drank to much. Made be chuckle! <3 Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, that is quite the nickname to hang onto :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Follow