Monday, March 2, 2015

Weekend At The Mackey Residence

We spent the weekend in Tacoma with some of our best friends. The Mackey's recently bought their first house and we were so excited to see it for the first time. I was up in Redmond for work on Friday and Justin took the train to meet me in Tacoma. Friday night we had some delicious buffalo chicken tacos and had a House of Cards marathon. Actually the whole weekend was full of House of Cards. If you are not watching this show yet, you definitely should be. 

We only got through about 3 episodes because I had to get WAY too early on Friday morning and was completely exhausted. Not to mentioned Justin had gotten up 2 hours earlier than I did. We got up Saturday morning and went brunching at Dirty Oscars Annex. I thought it would be a great idea to start the morning out with mimosas...I'm definitely getting too old for that.

 


I had my favorite, pancakes with peanut butter and syrup. YUM. 

The weather was so nice there! Here we are walking around in the sun.

Then we headed to Home Depot to get some spray paint for craft time. Of course I forgot to take photos during craft time...maybe from too many mimosas? I don't know. Katie found this really cool gold mirror at Goodwill for only $6. She taped it up all perfectly and painted it purple. It turned out to be so pretty. I want it for my own room. Now I have to find one and do the same thing, except take photos ;)


Penelope wanted to hang out with us the whole time we watched our show. She loved to sit on Justin. Cats like him for some reason. Through our many snack sessions during House of Cards, I discovered Gardetto's. I have never seen this before in my life. I swear I have only had the real Chex Mix kind. I think my direct quote was "This is the bombest thing I've ever had in my life." Something like that anyway. And no, I never exaggerate ;) I ate all of them and then Justin bought me a new bag on the drive home today. Delicious.

Saturday night we went out to dinner and had some really good food at Top of Tacoma (wow I'm talking about a lot of food). Later that night some of our other friends came over and we got to catch up with them. It was really good to see Chris and Timmy J. I hadn't seen them since Katie and Tim's wedding. After staying up way too late we crashed and slept in. 

Sunday we watched tv and then decided to drive back home. It seemed like the drive took forever. But we finally made it and I got to hug my kitties. That is my favorite part about getting back home :) The rest of the day was spent doing plenty of laundry and watching House of Cards. 

It was really good to spend some time with some of our favorite people! Happy Monday! I hope everyone has a great week. 




3 comments:

  1. So I just found your blog today from the embarrassing moment link up (yes, I back-stalk blogs when I find ones that I like!). You mentioned the Beavers in your embarrassing moment story so I figured you were from Oregon, and had to check your about me. It seems like all of the bloggers I follow live in places I know nothing about (the south, the midwest, the east coast). So anyway, I'm from Oregon, currently living in Seattle, hoping to move to Portland after my wedding in the fall.

    But I was shocked when you mentioned Dirty Oscar's! I went to University of Puget Sound in Tacoma (same neighborhood as Dirty Oscar's) and I love that place! You made me feel nostalgic (even though I've only been graduated for two years). So I had to comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment made me so excited! I'm from Tacoma and now in Portland :) we kind of switched :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Follow