Thursday, March 12, 2015

What I'm Reading #2

I love reading what other people are reading. It just makes me happy when I read the same books as other people. It's like sharing some feeling with someone else that is only captured through reading. Loving the same authors is like having a friend in common. It just makes me smile :)

I figured out where I heard about Liane Moriarty. Of course it was from one of my favorite bloggers, Shay @ Mix and Match Mama. And she just did a post a few days ago with some other great suggestions that I will try to get to as soon as possible!

I'm going to continue with my numbering from the last book post, which you can check out here. I'm still moving along quite nicely towards my goal of reading 25 books per year. But it is only March. Check back in with me in October and we will see how it is looking. 

This book starts out so randomly. I had no idea where it was going. To be honest it took me a little while to get into it. But once I knew the characters, it was hard for me to stop reading. I wanted to know what was going to happen in each of their lives and how the mystery would unfold. Liane Moriarty creates such vivid characters. The story line is great and I loved trying to solve the puzzle for myself. It is definitely worth the read :)

#6 What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty

I love love loved this book. I will probably read it many more times. I started and finished it in a weekend. I didn't want to put it down. The whole story is about Alice who has an accident and loses 10 years of her memory. She wakes up to find life much different then she remembers. I couldn't wait to get to the end to find out what she forgot and how the experience would change her life. I was not disappointed. This has been my favorite Liane Moriarty book so far! I hope she writes many more books!


In my recent tv show post, I talked about how I'm loving the show Girls. Lena Dunham is the star, creator, director, writer, producer, everything else of this show. When I heard about her book I had to pick it up. It is hilarious. I laughed out loud many times. Lena talks about all aspects of her life throughout the book. Often times, she talks about things that I wouldn't even dare bring up with my closest friends, but that's just me. Something about the craziness of this book made me feel more real/human/normal while laughing hysterically. While I enjoyed reading this book, I think it is harder to read books that don't have a true story line to them. I have this issue with other memoir type books as well. They just aren't my favorite to read. I did finish this one just before my library check out period ended though. It was a good one.

Check out this trailer for the current season of Girls. 


What have you been reading? Do you have any suggestions for me??

I'm linking up with Vanessa today for Thinking Out Loud Thursday!

5 comments:

  1. I'm really intrigued by what alice forgot and the fact your read it in a weekend makes me eager to pick it up!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goal is to read 24 books this year! To my surprise Ive already read 7 books, quite the accomplishment with two girls running/crawling around ;) What Alice Forgot is in my queue, too.
    Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so loved What Alice Forgot! I just finished the Husband's Secret....soooo good! I have Not That Kind of Girl on my list and you may have just talked me into making it my next book. I have a much less lofty goal than you but hoping I at least read a book every month this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need some new books for summer! I've heard so many people like Not That Kind of Girl too so I think I'm going to pick that one up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i absolutely detest lena dunham, like, i think she shouldn't be allowed to exist in the world . . . but i agree that her memoir was decent (and you know i watch girls but mostly cause i think alison williams is the prettiest human). as for moriarty-- should i read the books in order? i've been wanting to start reading those books too! these books posts are my favorite! you should link your shelfari account ;)

    ReplyDelete

Follow