Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Show and Tell Tuesday: How I Got My Name


I'm teaming up with Andrea today over at Momfessionals for Show and Tell Tuesday. I will be telling you guys the story of how I got my name. 
When my mom was young she used to babysit a little girl in the neighborhood named Katie. She pretty much chose my name when she was a teenager. My dad wasn't so sold though. He wanted to name me Brittany or Danielle. Of course my mom won :) 


My middle name is Rose. My mom wanted my middle name to be after one of her best friends Lisa Rose, who passed away in a car accident when they were in high school. So I became Katie Rose, which is exactly what my mom wanted. What is cool about it is that one of my mom's other friends from high school also gave her daughter the middle name Rose after their friend. Lisa Rose is remembered in multiple families. If we have a daughter some day we will probably keep the middle name Rose as well. But we will have to wait and see. 

I thought I would also share how Justin got his name. Justin is a twin. When they were in their moms stomach they found out that Justin was a boy and they did not know the sex of the other baby. They knew they liked the name Jeremy and wanted one of the babies to be named that. Justin's twin got the name Jeremy and they choose Justin as a name to go along with it. 


Justin's mom did not have a middle name. She decided to give all of her children two middle names to make up for it. Michael is the name of Justin's father. Justin's Great Grandpa who served in World War I choose the name Rex because he thought T Rex was the most dominant dinosaur and survived the longest. We haven't decided if we will give our children two middle names or not. 

That is it! How did you get your name? I can't wait to read all of these!




7 comments:

  1. My step-sister is Katherine Rose, they called her Katie Rose when she was a kid, but she goes by Kat now.

    I'm Mattie Jane, named after my great great grandmother. People usually assume it's Maddie or that it has to be short for something. Lately a lot of customers at work have spelled it right without my instruction, which is crazy to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mattie why don't you blog?? I feel like I would love your blog :) So funny that your sis was Katie Rose too

      Delete
    2. I've considered it! I read so many now and I think it would be fun but then I'm like...I don't have anything to blog about! My day-to-day life is pretty boring haha.

      Delete
    3. My life is SOOO boring. I just watch tv shows and read books all the time :) you could start out just doing like 1 or 2 a week. I bet you would get ideas really quickly. I always get inspired by other blogs. Plus you would already have a built in reader right here!!

      Delete
    4. Now you've got me seriously considering it! Honestly, I'd create one now but I can't think of a title! I said to my fiance, "If I started a blog, what should I name it?" and he said, "'If I started a blog, what should I name it' is perfect. I'm 100% serious." I agreed to disagree there! Haha.

      Delete
  2. Oh this is fun! And I actually knew a set of twins named Justin and Jeremy! (I had to go look and make sure your husband wasn't part of the set I knew, haha). But what fun stories :-) thanks for sharing these!
    -Erin (No Bohns About It)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A special name for a special daughter. <3 Mom

    ReplyDelete

Follow