Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up: Happy Birthday Mom Edition

My parents came to visit last weekend and we were so happy to spend some good quality time with them. Also, it was my mom's birthday yesterday so we got to celebrate that too! We decided to go out to a fancy dinner at this restaurant called The Chart House. We had never been there but everyone has told us how nice it is and how great the food is. Justin has been DYING to try it out, but wanted to save it for a special occasion. Oh, and the restaurant is up on in the hills and overlooks the entire city with amazing views!

Yes we were those people who took pics of our food. But I mean come on it was special food. Oh my goodness it was delicious.
I especially love this pic where the rice noodle stuff looks like coral with the shrimp!
Not the best lighting for a pic, but this was the best we could do!

After dinner we decided to go to Salt and Straw for this amazing ice cream that everyone talks about. I had no idea what to expect. Justin has been there lots of times, but for some reason I have never been with him. 
As you can see in this pic, they have some CRAZY ice cream flavors. I didn't even know where to start. I ended up going with the Cinnamon Snickerdoodle and it was amazing as promised. We were going to go to Voodoo Donuts and get some for the morning, but it was raining and I really didn't want to stand in line anymore! I know I was a party pooper. 

We were so stuffed we had to come home and relax. We all had fun and got to enjoy a little taste of Portland!
Linking up with Jessica and Katie at Sweet Little Ones for Tuesday Talk!




3 comments:

  1. I'm totally one of "those" people....I love taking pictures of my food. :) Looks like a nice weekend with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to try out that restaurant! And I've heard such good things about Salt & Straw too but haven't been. I got to do a mini exploration of Portland on Friday and it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang, that food looks good! And it looks like you had a great time with your parents. Snickerdoodle ice cream - say what?! I'm now going to start looking for this every time I'm at an ice cream shop. haha Thanks for linking up with us again for Tuesday Talk - and for spreading the word too (I saw you invited Mattie on her blog - thanks!) -Jess
    Sweet Little Ones

    ReplyDelete

Follow