Monday, April 20, 2015

What I'm Reading - April Edition


Yay for another book post. These might be my favorite kind of posts. I'm going to continue with my numbering from the previous posts, which you can check out here. If you haven't been keeping up with these posts, my goal is to read 25 books this year. And woah, it is April and I'm done with book #10! Ah I'm shocked. 

#8 The Paris Wife by Paula McLain
This book started out a little slow, but that might be because whenever I start a book that is long, it takes me a while to get into it since I know it will take me a while to finish. Once I got into it, I really loved the characters. Spoiler alert, the story is pretty much true! I didn't realize that until the very end of the book. So don't go googling the life of Ernest Hemingway, or you will get to see how the story ends. I love books that are historical fiction. It is fun to get a glimpse into life in Paris during the 20s. The story line kept me engaged and I wanted to keep reading, which is always a priority for me! I felt emotions for both of the main characters. It is a bit longer of a book, but worth the read. 

#9 The Winter Sea  
I started this book sometime last summer. I ended up reading only a few chapters and putting it down. I don't think I was in the mood to read or something. Ever since then, I kept thinking about this book. I couldn't stop wondering how it all played out. I just knew that I needed to finish it. I picked it up again and of course I couldn't put it down. Then...worst thing ever...my library loan expired before I finished it. Luckily, it was free on Kindle Unlimited so I could finish it right away :) have you guys used Kindle Unlimited? I just signed up for the free 30 day trial a few days ago. 
Anyway, on to this book...I really really liked it. I love when books have good twists in them. This one definitely did. Plus, you know that I love historical fiction. It was fun to get a little piece of Scottish culture in this book. The story line was so good. You should probably just read it before I spoil it! 


#10 City of Veils  
I love love love this book. It is the second one in a series. The first one is called Finding Nouf. It is about two people in Saudi Arabia solving a murder case. I love reading it and learning about the Saudi Arabian culture, which I can't ever learn enough about. This author knows how to keep the audience hooked! I couldn't put it down over the weekend. I'm so excited that there is another book in this series. However, I can't read it just yet because a bunch other books just came available on my library app :):)

Up next is a Liane Moriarty book that I just started last night! 
You know I'm a sucker for those books. 



1 comment:

  1. I was the opposite of you, not a fan of the characters. I didn't realize it was about his real life until halfway through the book and then I was like lady, get a grip and stop being a dooooooormat!

    ReplyDelete

Follow