Wednesday, April 29, 2015

What's Up Wednesday

I'm trying out a new link up today called What's Up Wednesday with Mix & Match Family, Pinterest Told Me To, and Larson Lingo. But this post also goes along with Waiting On Wednesday over at Holly's blog, so today I'm doing two link ups!
What we're eating this week...
Well I made cookies this weekend so we have been eating a lot of those. Oops. Also Justin made some amazing spaghetti sauce this week so we have been having that on tortellinis from Costco with mizithra on top which is basically my new favorite thing. Plus we are trying to be healthy so lots of salads.
What I'm reminiscing about...
I don't think I like this question haha. But every week I reminisce about our wedding when I do my Wedding Wednesday posts (which I'm skipping today!). You can check them out here if you want!
What I'm loving...
Reading. I'm seriously all about how I can make more time to read. It is my one "break" in my day right now. Yep I'm a nerd. I will seriously stay up an hour late just to get some reading in.
What we've been up to...
My parents were here last weekend and that was fun. You can read about that here. We went to visit Justin's family this week too. Lots of family time over here. 
What I'm dreading...
Two more days until the weekend. That is pretty dreadful. Ha I'm not really dreading anything at the moment. I guess that is a good thing!
What I'm working on...
Work and Distinguished Young Women stuff are ruling my days and nights right now. I'm working on a program book and slideshow that is looking pretty good right about now. The theme this year is Rising to the Occasion so we are doing lots of star themed stuff. Here are the little award envelopes I have been working on:

What I'm excited about...
We got some free tomato plants last week and we have been trying to figure out where to plant them. Justin got me bright pink cages for them :) we will probably do that over the weekend!
What I'm watching/reading...
A better question is what am I not watching. Dancing with the Stars, Survivor, Greys (maybe not anymore), Scandal, Blacklist, Kardashians, Royals, the list goes on and on.
I'm reading Liane Moriarty's Big Little Lies right now and loving it so far (surprise surprise).
How amazing was this dance by Nastia, my favorite?? I loveeee it!
What I'm listening to...
I'm loving some Spotify playlists. Specifically, Songs to Sing In The Car and Mood Booster. These 2 are getting me through my days. Favorite song right now is Want To Want Me - Jason Derulo
What I'm wearing...
I'm wearing pretty boring things this week. Mostly just comfy things with jeans. But I did have to exchange something at Nordstrom and ended up with this bright coral shirt that I love. And I wore coral over the weekend too so looks like I've been wearing coral!
What I'm doing this weekend...
This weekend we get to see Alyssa and Kurt who just got engaged :) I'm so excited to see them and bore the boys with lots of wedding talk! Also, we are going over to the Haskin house for a BBQ on Saturday. 
What I'm looking forward to next month...
We don't have any big plans for the month of May. So I guess some sunshine. We are in that weird place where it is so rainy one day and so warm the next. I can't wait for more of these rainy days to go away so we can have more sunny ones. And then I can put all of the boots away and switch over to summer shoes! 
What else is new...
That is about it around here. I never know how to answer when people ask what's new. I also just answered so many questions with everything that is new. So that is it :)










4 comments:

  1. I wish I was eating homemade cookies this week! I'm reading my very first Liane Moriarty book right now (What Alice Forgot) and LOVING IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE posts like this! Little snipets in to your life! So much fun! Thanks for sharing at Waiting on...Wednesday! Hope to see you back next week with your wonderful wedding posts! :)

    Holly
    www.iwillservewhileiwait.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at spaghetti and Big Little Lies. I love(d) them both! Happy Wednesday! I'm looking forward to the weekend as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED Nastia's dance! It's so amazing what Derek can come up with! I am going to one of his show this summer and I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete

Follow