Tuesday, May 12, 2015

DYW Weekend

Phew...the busy week last week and the crazy busy Saturday completely knocked me out on Sunday. I didn't quite get to my normal blog preparing. 

I got home from being in the Redmond office for most of the week late on Thursday night. Friday morning I was at work bright and early and had a TON to accomplish. I was able to get it all done and then I headed out early to get to the DYW Keizer dress rehearsal by 5pm. And I forgot the program books at my house :( so Justin had to come meet us half way down the freeway to hand them off so we wouldn't be late. 

Dress rehearsal went according to plan and the girls all seemed ready to go. We went back to the Opra house and I had a few things to finish up before heading to bed. We woke up bright and early and headed to the interview location. I was the Judges Chairman this year, so my job was to stay with the judges all day long and help them navigate through the day. We had interviews with all of the girls in the morning, a few breaks, and then a dinner at Delaney Madison Grill which was SO delicious. Then we headed off to the big show!


These are the little award envelopes that I made for the winners. 

Somehow I walked away without a single picture from the day. Yikes. I guess that just shows how busy it was. The girls did such a good job and I think the  judges had fun too (which is always a plus)! We went out to get drinks and food afterwards and my brain was not working. I was exhausted. We didn't get home until late, like 1am (really late in my book!!). Sunday morning I got to sleep in :) I was so happy to be in my own bed. I think I slept a little too long and never really woke up for the day. 

We went to visit Justin's mom and spend a little time with her on Mother's Day. I was so tired but was trying so hard to stay awake when we got home. We watched a little Scandal and then I went in our room to read....I'm pretty sure I was fast asleep by 8pm. So embarrassing! But I guess my body really needed it! 

There you have it, we had one very eventful day and one really laid back day!

Even though I love helping with all of these events, I'm so glad to have a little break and get back to some of the stuff I need to do around the house. 

Linking up with Jessica and Katie for Tuesday Talk! 

 


3 comments:

  1. If I was busy all day and then didn't get home until 1 a.m. (really late in my book too!) I would also pass out at 8 p.m. the next night! Glad you get a break now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cartoon at the top is hilarious! That TOTALLY described my week last week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you needed that laid back day from your week!! Hope you have a great Tuesday girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete

Follow