Tuesday, May 19, 2015

What I'm Reading - May Edition


It is time for one of my favorite kinds of posts :) What I'm reading! This month has been all about Liane Moriarty. I just needed to read them all!

#11 The Husband's Secret 
By Liane Moriarty
Okay, it is official. I'm adding Liane Moriarty to my list of very favorite authors. Seriously she is amazing. This book surprised me so many times. Like actually shocked me, my jaw dropped. I had to put down the book and tell Justin all about what just happened with plenty of background that I'm sure he didn't care about. This story goes through the lives of three different families and how they are all seemingly intertwined with each other. I thought I would have a hard time keeping track of the characters at first, but three sets is the right number! Okay, I can't say anything else without ruining it. Just read it and then we can talk about it! I love love love this book and will be reading it again. 

#12 Big Little Lies 
By Liane Moriarty
This book made me love Australia. I really thought that I could live in Pirriwee Peninsula. The author makes it seem so realistic yet so beautiful as well! The characters are amazing as usual with Moriarty. I loved that the murder was not solved or really even close to solved until the very end. It was definitely a page turner for me. I wanted to know what was going to happen in each of the family's lives. I really did love this book. It was great. You should read it, especially if you have kids in school. I bet a lot of parents can relate to the parents in this story. And guess what? I heard it might be made into a movie. 

By Liane Moriarty
This one reminded me the most of a Sophie Kinsella book. I really liked it. There just weren't those shocking surprises that are in most of the other books (that I have so grown to love from Liane Moriarty). The characters were great though. It is crazy how you can feel sympathetic for all of the characters. Maybe I'm just a sucker. One of the main characters in this story has a stalker, and somehow I seriously felt sorry for the stalker sometimes. Like all of the others, I couldn't put it down. It is definitely worth reading!

Now I have finished all of Liane Moriarty's books :(:( I'm so sad about it. I thought I had one left when I finished the Hpynotist's Love Story. I hope she writes plenty of new books for me to read in the future because I have truly loved them all so far. I have been thinking about which book was my favorite and I think I have to go with The Husband's Secret because it had the best shock factors!  

If you know any similar authors you should definitely tell me. I'm always looking for good recommendations! 

You can see last month's post here. Linking up with Katie and Jessica over at Sweet Little One's today for Tuesday Talk.



4 comments:

  1. I am taking The Husband's Secret with me on vacation this week! I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started Three Wishes and I'm already loving it. I can't wait to read all three of these ones too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you joined us for "Tuesday Talk"! Always enjoy visiting your space~

    Elizabeth
    allkindsofthingsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to get to reading Liane's books, everyone raves about them and I feel left out, haha!

    ReplyDelete

Follow