Thursday, June 4, 2015

June Goals

Well everyone has been doing these monthly goal posts at the beginning of each month and I thought it might be a good idea to hop on the bandwagon. I have really been trying to keep a couple of things front of mind in our everyday life, so why not write them down and make myself more accountable? So here goes. 


#1 Finish redoing our table
Who were we kidding when we thought we could do this in 2 days? It is hard work!! We have had to find paint thinner stuff to take the paint off of the chairs because it would not sand off. We messed up a little part on top of the table and then tried to sand it down and redo it. But we forgot to do the fine sanding so it still looks messed up. It is a work in progress, but I hope to have it done by the end of the month!

#2 Meal Planning
We are horrible about dinner. And Justin is horrible about lunch too. We are trying to plan meals for lunch everyday to eliminate eating out at lunch. This is way healthier and helps us save some money. We are on track so far this week. I want to plan 4 dinners for the week and have left over plans for the other meals every week this month. That is aiming high in my book. So we will see how it goes. 

#3 Read 3 Books 
I have been a bit ahead of schedule on my reading goal and I want to keep it that way!! Plus I have really been enjoying a lot of what I have been reading. Hopefully this one won't be much of a stretch. 
#4 Organize our weeks
Justin and I decided that we really need to sit down and talk about our plans (and meals!) on Sunday nights. I have a planner that I write it all down in so we can reference it during the week. I didn't open it the last 2 weeks of May, so we want to get back on track with being organized. 
#5 Do something different for ME!
As I'm sure many of you do, I spend a lot of time doing things for everyone else. This month I want to do something different - outside of my comfort zone or something I have never done before - that will make me happy :) hopefully I can accomplish this without spending too much money! I have a few ideas.

Five goals seems like a lot. Hopefully I'm not overdoing it on this first monthly go around. I will check back in at the beginning of next month and let you all know how I did!

One more wake up until the weekend!! 

Linking up with Annie for Thoughts for Thursday.

4 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how meal planning and making a grocery list before heading to the store can be such a money saver! I haven't lately, but I normally post our menus on my blog on Mondays and linkup to different blogs. It's a great way to get ideas for recipes. It also makes the evenings SO much less stressful when you know what you're going to cook when you get home and you already have the ingredients on hand! Loved your list! You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to start doing monthly goals too! Meal planning would definitely be on ours...especially after the super unhealthy weekend we just had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was doing so good on meal planning for a little bit.. but fell off the band wagon for sure! Good luck with your goals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. katie blog friend!! what are some of your out of your comfort zone ideas?! let's do something together!!!! unless it's weird, then i'm out lol

    ReplyDelete

Follow