Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Show and Tell Tuesday: When I Grow Up

Today I'm linking up with Andrea for Show and Tell Tuesday. Today's topic is "Tell us what you wanted to be when you grow up." 
 Ever since I can remember (or since my mom can remember) I wanted to grow up and be a dolphin trainer. I planned on going to college and getting a marine biology degree and then moving to California to work with dolphins somewhere. I specifically remember planning all of this out and making plans to have this crazy loft apartment in Santa Monica because I saw it on TV and thought it was so cool.

When I saw in 5th grade I got to go to Hawaii and my parents took us to swim with the dolphins. I'm pretty sure I thought they were the coolest people in the world. It was also the only reason I wanted to go to Hawaii. Check out these pigtails! 
I was lucky enough to swim with the dolphins again when I was much older. 
By this time though, I was completely over becoming a dolphin trainer. Once I started college, I was convinced that I was going to be a lawyer. I wanted to be a corporate lawyer so I decided to get my undergrad degree in business with a track for law. I probably decided in the first week that this would be way too hard. I did not want to go to school for three extra years. How in the world did I end up with my MBA?? Good question. 

Now, when I think about the when I grow up question, I want to own my own event planning business. The logical part of me thinks it would be expensive to start a business and that event planning would take up a lot of my weekends and evenings. Part of me wants to have my own company and experience that type of creativity! Who knows? Maybe someday. 

For now, I'm still working at a financial firm doing anything and everything. 

I'm excited to read all about what everyone else wanted to be!





6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I love this because I had wanted to be a dolphin trainer for awhile! I completely forgot that until I read your post :-)
    -Erin (No Bohns About It)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I wonder how many people actually have that job! Too funny.

      Delete
  2. Michael wants to own a food truck/restaurant some day. I think it'd be so fun to be in business for ourselves but I'm pretty sure it's like 50% or more of new restaurants close within the first year so it scares me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Justin wants to do that too. The risk is pretty high. But I mean if it worked out it would be awesome!!

      Delete
  3. Interesting, Katie! Inever would have thought you'd want to be a dolphin trainer. But the accountant in me says stick to finance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. dude i know a guy that straight up wanted TO BE A DOLPHIN until he was 10 and someone crushed his dreams by telling him the truth of his future. hahahaha. <3

    ReplyDelete

Follow