Monday, June 15, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up: BBQ Every Night Edition

As usual I kind of sucked at taking pics this weekend. Not that we did anything that was all that noteworthy anyway. On Friday night we had some friends over for a BBQ and to watch the first episode of season 3 of Orange is the New Black since it came out that day. We cooked way too much food. Does anyone else always over do it when they have people coming over?? Justin hates leftovers!

Saturday morning we got up bright and early because we needed to go to Comcast and turn in our old cable equipment. Okay, we have been putting this off for probably 6 months. It is seriously the biggest waste of money ever. It's just who really wants to wait in line for a few hours on a Saturday to turn in that old stuff? So annoying! So we finally decided that it needed to be done. We got there about 5 minutes after they opened and there was already a super long line. BUT! Guess what? They changed how they do equipment returns so we just got to drop it off and leave. It look seriously 10 seconds. I was so excited to have my whole morning back. And yay for Comcast finally figuring something out. 

On the way home I talked Justin into coming to Target with me. I just needed a few random things and we wanted to look at some books for our Niece's birthday next month. We just happened to walk past the sheet section (yes, on purpose) and I noticed that these coral sheets I have been wanting were on sale. 
I was so excited. I don't know why I get so happy about having new sheets, but I really really do! I got to hang out for a bit and read my book, but then I got a horrible headache and had to take a nap. I mean, not that it was really a problem. 

We watched plenty of shows this weekend, which I will talk about later this week. On Sunday we went over to Davina's house to pick up our FINAL wedding album. For those of you who don't know, we had some issues with the first and second version. Now we have the real one! Yay! Almost a year later ;) Um can we talk about how pretty Portland was on our drive home?
I just love that view. Sunday afternoon was spent working our never ending project...redoing the dining room table. I finally learned why it wasn't perfect the first time. And it still isn't perfect the second time either. I decided it is okay for the table to have some "character."
Here is a sneak peak
I hope you had a great weekend. I think I finally caught up on sleep from our busy week last week. Happy Monday!

Linking up with Biana for Weekending and Meg for Mingle Monday. 

4 comments:

  1. We always end up with way too much food when having people over - every single time! But luckily we love leftovers so it's okay with us! The coral sheets look great for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That leftover gif totally made me laugh. Need to start calling it that!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man I LOVE leftovers because it means I don't have to cook (or Michael doesn't, since he makes huge messes when he cooks). That view is soo gorgeous! And the sneak peek of the table looks awesome! I'm sure it'll look even better when you're done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. if you ever need someone to come help you eat some leftovers and talk blogging, i'm just a text message away ;D

    ReplyDelete

Follow