Monday, June 1, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up: Yard Sale Edition

Happy June!! Woah, how is it June?? It definitely felt like June this weekend. After a busy whirlwind week last week, we decided to have a crazy Saturday too. On Friday night I  cleaned out our basement and packed up the car to go have a garage sale at Davina's house on Saturday. My car was COMPLETELY packed...as you can see.
I got there bright and early. Justin got to skip out because it was really hot and Davina's husband was gone too. So he worked on our table without me. After a quick trip to Starbucks,  we were ready to get rolling. There were so many people that came by, even when we were just setting things up. It was crazy! I don't remember the last time I did a yard sale so I was not mentally prepared. Davina is such a designer, she totally set everything up in little groups. It was great!
The section under the Mr Mrs sign is where I had all of my wedding decor stuff.
This was a view of all the little groups she set up. There was a bar setup with a bar and stools she was trying to sell. She set up the patio furniture like you would have it in your back yard topped off with a vase and flowers. 
She even set up a little living room area with decor and a chair. It was fun!
Cole found a little blazers shirt from build a bear that we just HAD to put on the new puppy. He wore it most of the day :) how cute! He really loved this chair. At first I thought he was trying to help us sell it. But Davina's son Cole ended up buying it for him and puppy to cuddle in!
And then later we were all wishing we could curl up and take a nap like Mac did. Actually I did go to bed really early. I think it was the heat and not enough water! It was 84 degrees and oh so sunny. We were pretty much in direct sun all day long. I was so proud that I put sunscreen on in the morning before I even left the house...but looks like I didn't do too great on my arms. Missed a big spot on both of them!
What can you do? First sunburn of 2015...plenty more to come I'm sure. We ended up selling lots of little stuff at the yard sale and had plenty of people come by. Davina is like a pro at this stuff. She was posting certain items on Craiglist and getting people to come. Overall it went great!

Sunday was spent doing the usual Sunday things. That means catching up on shows, going grocery shopping, getting things ready for the week, and plenty of down time. 

I hope you all had a great weekend!!

Linking up with Biana at B Loved Boston for Weekending and Meg at Life of Meg for Mingle Monday! 



4 comments:

  1. Yard sales are so fun, I love perusing them and need to have one to get rid of our stuff, haha.

    Sorry about the sunburn, that's never fun!

    Stopping by from Mingle Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pup in the Blazers jersey! Too cute! We really need to purge...we have so much unnecessary stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man. i always think "let's just have a yard sale!!!"… but they're SO MUCH WORK!!! blehhh. was it worth it!? did you make as much $$ as you were hoping for?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a great turnout at your garage sale!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete

Follow