Wednesday, June 17, 2015

What I'm Reading: June Edition

Today I'm linking up with Narci for Carpool Book Club to share what I've been reading this month. I'm keeping up with my reading list so far this year. You can check out what else I have been reading here. 


#14 The Astronaut Wives Club: A True Story 
By Lily Koppel 
There is something about this time in history that is extremely fascinating to me. As I'm sure you can tell by the title, these women are the 7 wives of the first astronauts from the US. All of the stories are true, which I absolutely love. It was amazing to see the lives of these astronauts and their families during the 1960s and 70s. I had never really put much thought into this probably since I was young and in some history class. I was blown away by the strength and determination of these men and women. I could not stop reading. In the book they discussed another book called The Right Stuff that is about the Astronauts and their lives. I will probably read that as well since I loved this one so much. 

By Sara Shepard
I know this is a YA book, but I loved it so much. I couldn't stop reading it. Actually, I read it in one day. Maybe that means I had nothing else going on, or maybe it was just that good. You will have to pick it up and see for yourself. It kind of reminded me of the Gossip Girl books a bit. The characters are all Heiresses to a diamond company. So they have all the money they could ever want, but they have other issues, don't worry. I'm so glad that I heard about this book. I guess this is also the author of Pretty Little Liars, but I have never watched the show or read the book. Maybe I will add it to my list since I really liked her writing style. 


#16 Kingdom of Strangers
By Zoe Ferraris
On to a more serious and thriller type book. The book basically tries to solve the mystery of a serial killer in Saudi Arabia. There are all of these links to the killer that are super detailed. I felt like they would have never figured it out!! It was a good read, but it wasn't my favorite Zoe Ferraris book. The ending came really suddenly and I didn't realize it was ending! I definitely love her book Finding Nouf though, it was amazing!

What have you been reading?? Girl on the Train is on my list, but the hold line from the library is SUPER long. I'm waiting it out though. 

Of course I also have to link up with one of my faves, Holly, for Waiting on Wednesday!


9 comments:

  1. I consider myself a bookworm, but for some reason, I'm having the hardest time getting into reading this summer! So unlike me!! I'm reading Allison Leotta's latest and I can't even think of the name of it! But it's a series and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip on the Astronaut's Wives book. It sounds really good. I wonder if the tv show with the same name coming out soon will be good? Glad I found your blog through Carpool Book Club!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to have to check out the Heiresses. Thanks for all of the book recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 13 and 14 are definitely going on my list to read!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh, I love a good thriller/mystery! (I'm reading The Girl on the Train...so so good!) I also love PLL and watched Gossip Girl for a few seasons so I may have to check out that Sara Shepard book. The Astronaut Wives Club is going to be a show too! Wonder if that will be as good as the book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love PLL and Gossip Girl...maybe I should check out that second book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll have to check out The Heiresses! I've never read PLL but I love the TV series!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh...I may have to get the Astronauts Wives Club....that period of time interest me too. I have been so behind on reading and just haven't been able to stay focused consistently.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome list! I'm so envious of people that love to read. I guess I get too relaxed cause I end up falling asleep! :) I'm so glad you shared with us at Waiting on...Wednesday! The Astronauts Wives Club sounds really good! Hope you'll join me again tomorrow!

    Holly @ www.iwillservewhileiwait.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Follow