Thursday, July 30, 2015

Owning It: Time

I'm joining up with Christina today over at The New Mrs. to talk about the slightly crazy things we do. Confession time as some like to call it. 

Today, I thought I would talk about how I can be super obsessive and crazy over time. I'm super conscious of time. I do a lot of things quickly. I mean I go to the bathroom like a million times a day because I drink so much water, but everyone always says woah you went so quick. I have my morning routine down to a science. If I take an extra 5 minutes in the shower I will be 5 minutes behind. I don't like to get up any earlier than I actually have to, so I like to know exactly how long everything will take. I feel like I manage my time pretty efficiently (minus napping). I guess it is because I'm the biggest creature of habit. Here are some ways that I'm seriously a little nuts about time...
Example #1: I have to be on time. If I'm late for something I will be so embarrassed that sometimes I don't even want to walk in. I get really stressed out over being late. I'm usually ridiculously early to things. 

Example #2: If I'm driving somewhere for a meeting or dinner or something I will use google maps to tell me exactly how long it will take. It is kind of a way for me to gage traffic and set some sort of expectation. It also allows me to be on time. If google maps is wrong though and it makes me not be on time I kind of lose my mind. Or if I'm driving home from my parents and it should take 3 hours and it takes 5 hours instead, I will be mad about it for days. Yes, this happened last Friday and I'm still mad. 
(Yes, I do plan on using this whenever I talk about traffic.)

Example #3: If something is supposed to last for a specific amount of time (meeting, class, work day, etc) and it happens to go over I will have ants in pants and be itching to run out of the room. Sometimes we will say oh today would be a good day to leave early. Then for some reason I end up staying late and I just can't handle it. I guess it is like I have already allocated that time to something else in my head so I get mad that I'm set back again. Even though leaving early would be a treat. 

Example #4: If I have to get up at a different time during the work week I'm like completely miserable. My whole day will be thrown off if I don't get to watch the right news shows or I listen to a different morning show on the way to work. I just like things to be the same. 
Example #5: I get REALLY REALLY stressed out if I have something to do on a week night and I'm out past 9pm (yes, I know that isn't very late, but I have a routine). Especially if my blog post isn't ready and I haven't been home after work. I just feel like there are so many things to do which means: I wont go to bed on time, then I wont wake up on time, then I will be late to work, and will have to watch different news shows, and listen to different radio shows, and the whole day will be off schedule! And now we have come full circle.

See...I'm pretty weird. But here I am, owning my crazy :) I love these posts because I think it is fun to bond with everyone over how weird we are! I hope you are having a great week!

7 comments:

  1. Haha out past 9 on a week night...that's funny. I always get antsy when things run over time. Especially if I don't want to be there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how there was a theme to this! We were out last night and will be out again tonight which seems to be on repeat this summer and I feel like I can never catch up on my sleep, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg can you please come teach me how to be on time? I'm the worst :/
    Kelsey
    http://www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Kelsey, I need help being on time. It's a constant struggle for me too, but it always stresses me out and makes me so mad when I'm late. I really need to work on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen to being on time!! I HATE being late and rushed and flustered and all that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 10 minutes early to me is on time! I definitely get that from my mom. Even getting to a place exactly on time feels late/stressful to me hahaha. I have to have extra time in the morning to just do whatever before I go to work (sometimes watch a show on Netflix, sometimes read, sometimes do dishes...this morning it was listing clothes on Poshmark). But I guess that kind of counts as being part of my routine now. I do the exact same with Google Maps and yep I definitely lose my mind when it takes longer than it's supposed to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I with you on being on time! I hate being late so much!

    ReplyDelete

Follow