Monday, July 13, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up - Give Me ALL the Portland Food Edition


Another summer weekend has flown by :( where did all of the time go? 
For the first time in WEEKS it wasn't soooo hot around here. We were in the mid seventies all weekend long. That is perfection for us Pacific Northwest people. Not too hot and not too cold. 

On Friday night I came home from work and tortured myself by looking at the newest Pottery Barn magazine. I just want everything. And a house to put it all in!! I watched Astronaut Wives Club from Thursday night and then started reading. I was reading Girl on the Train this weekend. I couldn't put it down. I just needed to know what happened.

Saturday morning we woke up and I read for a few hours with my coffee (aka perfect Saturday morning) while Justin watched a movie. We went to meet some friends that were in town from Seattle for brunch. We went to Screen Door, which I have wanted to try for so long. I wanted them to have a very Portland experience. Trust me, the wait is worth it. J had some crazy fried oyster benedict dish and I had a bacon stuffed praline waffle! Delicious!
Even though we were all stuffed, we just had to take them over to Salt and Straw. I got a kids one this time, see my tiny scoop? I always go there right after I have eaten and am SO full. It was amazing as usual. 
Saturday night we went over to a friends house for dinner. They had just gone fishing and crabbing in the morning so we had fresh seafood for dinner. These were the two crab that were left at the end. We got to visit with them and have a nice relaxing summer evening :)
On Sunday I was pretty dang lazy. I finished Girl on the Train and then did the normal Sunday things. You know, laundry, cleaning, etc. It was a pretty great weekend. How was yours??
Happy Monday!

Linking up with Biana for Weekending and Meg for Monday Mingle. 

9 comments:

  1. Those crabs look delicious and so does that waffle!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was all sooo good. I'm craving it again right now :)

      Delete
  2. I've heard such good things about Screen Door. I am SO excited to try it some day! Sunday was all about errands and cleaning and laundry for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty confident I just gained weight reading your post...Y-uummm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeez now you have my stomach growling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm brunch looks delicious as does the crab night - such a great food weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YEAH OKAY BUT WHAT DID YOU GET AT SALT & STRAW?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha! I got the cinnamon snicker doodle. I love that one :) J always gets the stumptown coffee one. My friend got goat cheese marionberry habanero. I didn't try it, but she said it was amazing!

      Delete

Follow