Wednesday, July 15, 2015

What I'm Reading: July Edition

I'm linking up with Narci for Carpool Book Club again this month. This is quickly becoming one of my favorite link ups each month. I love getting reading suggestions from other bloggers. As usual, I'm keeping up my numbering system for my year long goal of reading 25 books. I'm not far off!! Woohoo! I can't put books down lately...even when I should be sleeping. 

#17 A Valentine for Emma by Pam Binder (here)
This book was a really quick read for me. I so wished it was going to be longer!! I definitely feel like it could have been. I desperately wanted to know more about the characters and their lives. Which makes me wonder if there are/will be more books about these sisters. I wanted to know more. The characters as they were really drew me in, but I just wanted to know more. The story was really cute and had a happy ending, just my kind of book!

#18 Primetime Princess by Lindy DeKoven (here)
This book had so many amazing components. First of all, I love the whole best friend who is always there for you theme. That just makes me happy. I loved the main character. She was super easy to relate to and had many different levels. There was a little twist, which of course I love. I will say, a lot of it was a bit predictable, but I like when it is predictable in a happy kind of way. I really hate when books have sad or bad endings. I like happily ever after. I mean, the world has enough sadness in it. We need some happiness when we read! It definitely reminded me of my favorite authors (Sophie Kinsella, Emily Griffith, Liane Moriarty), which is why I picked up her other book right away!

#19 The Secret Life of Wishful Thinking by Lindy DeKoven (here)
I have said this before, but I love when books tell a story from multiple character points of view, or have characters with separate story lines that somehow collide. This book has that! Just like in her other book, I was pleased with the ending. I like it when everything is wrapped up with a bow on top! It was a good story with lots of characters all going through extremely different situations. I enjoyed reading this book. It was light and the perfect type of read for a summer evening.

#20 Swimming Pool Sunday by Madeleine Wickham (aka Sophie Kinsella) (here)
This was not one of my favorite Madeleine Wickham/Sophie Kinsella books. Why? I have a hard time with books where children are seriously hurt. It just gives me chills to read about. I mean it was all okay, the ending was totally fine. It just rubs me the wrong way I guess. Plus I love so many of her other books. I kind of felt like this one just wasn't up to par. It was one of her earlier books, so maybe that is why. I like her more recent novels so much better!! I like this one, I just didn't feel like it was the same as the other written by one of my favorite authors. 

#21 The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins (here)
This one only took me a few days to read. I couldn't stop thinking about it. When I wasn't reading it, I wanted to be so I could find out what was going to happen next. It definitely held my attention!! Again though, the whole bad things happening to children issue came up. Hate that! This book had some very surprising parts and each "chapter" left you wondering. I just wanted to snuggle up in my bed and finish it all in one day. I haven't started my next book yet. Do you ever feel like you just need some time to think about and process the last book before you start a new one? This is one of those!! I really liked it.

I'm excited to see what everyone else has been reading! It is always fun to have book worms unite!
I'm also linking up with Holly for Waiting on Wednesday!

Oh and one last thing because I love all things Amazon. It is prime day today! Click here to hop over and check out all of the deals :) 




8 comments:

  1. Just added primetime princess to my reading list!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUCH a great list!!! I am writing all of these down. I've read Girl on the Train - so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need some new material!!!! This is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 25 books is such a good goal - I need to really step up my reading game and now I have some more to add to the list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love book recommendations from other bloggers! Thanks for sharing! I'll have to add primetime princess and secret life to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snap....I totally forgot this linkup and forgot about the prime day!! Thanks for sharing! Guess I know what post I will be writing tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you have a reading tab on your blog. When I get through my current list, I'm going to just come look at that tab and start reading your recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I was more of a reader! There are a couple in your list that sound really interesting to me! Thanks for sharing at Waiting on...Wednesday! Hope to see you back tomorrow!

    Holly @ www.iwillservewhileiwait.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Follow