Friday, August 28, 2015

Final Friday Finance #1


I'm so excited for this linkup with Stephanie! As many of you probably know, I work in the financial industry. I don't usually think about blogging about financial things because I talk about them all day long at work. I decided it would be fun to bring some tips and tricks to the blog world. Since this is our first week I thought I would start by doing a little 5 on Friday and give you guys 5 tips for budgets!

Budget

I like to keep things pretty simple. You can download my budget builder here.

Here are my first five tips:
1. Focus on one goal at a time - try not to get overwhelmed.
2. Add a miscellaneous category - something always comes up that you can't control.
3. Put the left over in savings when you get it. Kind of like the whole out of sight out mind deal ;)
4. Be honest with yourself - you are only going to cheat yourself in the end.
5. Look at ways to cut down your variable costs


If anyone has any topics they would like to read about in the future please let me know!


7 comments:

  1. I should probably make a spreadsheet budget some day...for now I just check my online bank account and then go from there. Oops! Haha. I guess setting up my budget could be another month's post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for your first FFF link up Katie! I need to make a budget asap, I didn't know you were in finance! Thanks for these tips, love how simple they are! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to do a spreadsheet budget. My husband is really against it...probably because he can spend whatever he wants right now! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo! How fun! I can't wait for our link-up now!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! I'm an accountant by trade, so I hear you on the dealing with the numbers day in and day out. I'll have to think on what I could blog on financially or that you could! What about understanding the risks and safeguards in place for online/mobile banking? What about self employment income when being a consultant for direct sale companies? Okay, I'll keep thinking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tips! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally have been taking some pictures of things I do to save money and keeping notes for the next link up! Hopefully I'll have my stuff together by then!

    ReplyDelete

Follow