Monday, August 10, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up: Kitten Edition

Warning, if you don't like kittens...you should probably skip this post ;) This weekend was all about the little kittens. I seriously did not leave the house all weekend (which might be one of my favorite things). So what's the story with these kittens??
Well it all started last week when Justin sent me a pic of a momma cat and one of her babies in the yard outside his work. Basically, they lived in a yard full of new and recycled dumpsters and recycle carts. That just broke my heart. I couldn't handle it. I went out and bought a "have a heart" trap that day to try and catch them. I didn't realize how hard it would be to catch kittens. We put a can of wet food in the trap and ended up catching two kittens! I can definitely see how we caught two now. 
These guys are seriously inseparable. It makes me so sad that they will probably end up going to different homes. My mom said that most kittens probably are like this with their siblings. I guess I just haven't ever seen it first hand before. These guys are SO bonded. We named them Woody and Jessie. Anytime Jessie is apart from Woody she cries trying to figure out where he is. If she is on the floor and can't find him because he is on the bed...she will cry and he jumps down to her. How cute is that?
He doesn't cry when he is apart from her. But he always crawls up next to her to sleep right on top of her. They even go in the litter at the same time. How crazy is that?
On Saturday Tara's family came over to see the kittens. They were so good with her kiddos it didn't even phase them. Then on Saturday Brandon and Tyra came over for dinner and the kitties were so tired they were passed out. 
Ella and Gus do not like these babies very much. We have been keeping them separate. On Sunday morning though, the baby kittens escaped their cage (they learned how zippers work!) and ran from the spare room over to our bedroom. I just saw a little tail out of the corner of my eye and was so confused. They are so smart. 
I'm not keeping them, but I'm still working on finding them both homes. I would love to keep them together, but I don't know that I will be able to. How cute are these guys? They have warmed up so much since the first day. They aren't even afraid of me at all anymore. They basically spent all of Sunday playing and sleeping :) just what they should do! 
I hope you all had a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Good luck with finding a home for them! I really hope they can be homed together. It'd be so sad if they couldn't find a home together.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww these are so cute! I had two female cats (in the middle of the country...) and somehow one of them got pregnant a while back so now we have six kittens and two adult cats. So many cats! So many kittens! It's so fun though. All of our kittens behave this exact same way. I want to keep them all, but being a 22 year old cat lady isn't really on my agenda... have fun with these two! Love the names by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, how sweet and cuddly are they? These pictures are too cute! That's so sweet you're finding a home for them Katie! I hope they find a home together, they'd be heartbroken to be apart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're totally adorable!!! I'm not really a cat person but I can enjoy pictures. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so cute! And it's so great of you to take them in to find a home for them. Hopefully someone will be willing to take on TWO adorable kitties instead of just one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! If you lived anywhere near Sydney, Australia, I'm afraid I'd say give 'em to me!! When my husband and I went to an animal shelter, we wanted to adopt two siblings. We came home with three kittens. We couldn't help ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SEND THEM TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ps. If you didn't already see…I was nominated for a little award and chose to nominate you if you're interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is my favorite post ever!! i'm so happy they're doing okay and it was so kind of you to take them in and help them find forever homes :)

    ReplyDelete

Follow