Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Bookworm Wednesday #1


Yay the big day is finally here! I'm so excited to be cohosting this linkup with Molly from Colors Of Life Blog! You can check out my other book reviews from this year by clicking on the tab above!

#26 The Good Girls by Sara Shepard
This book has a MAJOR MAJOR twist along with a cliff hanger. Whenever I know that a book has a huge twist in it, I always try to figure out what it is going to be. I thought I had it all figured out in this book. And then BAM...my mind was blown. I love Sara Shepard's style of writing because I cannot put her books down. She always makes me want to keep reading. I think I'm going to have to pick up the PLL series. She is just too good at this. I love it when books have a crazy twist!

#27 Save the Date by Mary Kay Andrews
Here
This book was a good summer read. I thought it was a bit long though. It could have been shorter and told the same story. I really liked the characters. There were plenty of them and you could definitely closely relate to at least one of them. The main character is very stubborn, so I could totally relate to that. They also have cute goldendoodle dogs in this book, which totally makes me think of Christina's little Stella the whole time! Plus there are many weddings and crazy brides so that is always entertaining. I have heard many good things about this author so I will probably pick up another one of her books. 

#28 The Lying Game by Sara Shepard
Here
This book was super short. It is the first in a series of many many books. I thought I would pic up another Sara Shepard book since I loved the last series so much, The Pretty Little Liars books were not available right away from the library. I needed a book right that second, so I chose this one instead. I didn't love the characters in this book as much as the other books. The Perfectionists characters seemed deeper than the ones in this book. I think I might feel that way because this book was so short. I should probably read the next one to see if I really like it. I'm interested to see how the plot plays out for sure. 

I mean, there are just so many things that I want to read. And I'm so excited to get some recommendations from all of you! 







7 comments:

  1. I think that last book might be based on a tv show on abc family I used to watch. Those other ones sound like ones I'd like too. Yay for today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, never heard of these ones!!! Will have to add to my list. I've been reading a ton lately too so will have to join this next month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to read some Sara Shepard! I love a good twist (hello, ALL of my favorite authors)! Love reading everyone's book posts! Hopefully next month I can get my act together and get a post in. Or maybe not because that will be three days before my wedding. Eek!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this link up Katie! book recs are the best. I have yet to read a Sara Shepard book but I used to watch PLL (i'm way behind and fell away from it) but it was a good show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading is my favorite. I'm going to have to check out Sara Shepherd! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know Sara Shepard had another book not related to PLL! I really want to read Good Girls now :) I started reading The Lying Game as soon as I was done reading PLL but I couldn't get into it. I don't remember if I kept reading haha! You should review the next one too so I can remember;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard of Save the Date and thought about adding it to my list but now I hands down have to read it!! Thanks for thinking of my girl, Stella :)

    ReplyDelete

Follow