Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Queen Bees: My Mom

I'm linking up with Katy and Shelly again to talk about the Queen Bees in our lives. 
This month I want to talk about my sweet mom. As I said in my last post (which you can read here) I love taking some time each month to think about someone in my life who inspires me to be the person that I am each day.  
My mom has always been on my side. No matter what I said or did that was so horrible growing up, she would always get me out of punishments and stand up for me. Even to this day, I can always count on her to stick up for me and be on my team. Even if she is mad at me! She won't ever let someone say something negative about me :) I think that is what all moms do, but I couldn't handle life without her. 
Even if she doesn't agree with every single decision I make, she will move on and continue to support me. Even if she knows that I'm making a dumb decision. Overall, she just wants me to be happy no matter what that looks like. She will always try to find a way to solve our problems or help us making things easier. Even if she is having the worst day in the world, she will listen to me have a breakdown about the dumbest thing. 

I haven't lived in the same place as my mom for nine years (WOAH NINE!). Even though I haven't gotten to see her as often, she always makes time for me. She will always text me if we have gone too long without talking and make sure that I'm okay. She is always the person that I call when something crazy happens or if I need to talk. I don't know how I will ever be able to thank her for seriously being my biggest supporter around. Maybe this little post is a start...

I love you mom!


9 comments:

  1. It is a start. As a mom of grown daughters, what you all say to us now means more than you ever will know. Keep telling her as often as you can, however you can. Our girls are grown up and like your mom, you will always be our babies. A sweet honor you gave her. And she is definately a Queen Bee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for introducing us to your mom! Sounds like you are blessed with a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading about your mom, Katie! I feel like there is a special place for moms with daughters, we aren't always easy to deal with but they love us no matter what! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet Katie! I hope that my girls will always feel they can turn to me with anything and that I will always be there to support them. Thank you so much again for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet post! Sounds like you & your mom have a great relationship!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moms really are the best. I love that you did this post about her..that's so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you and your mom have such a sweet relationship. You're so lucky to have each other! Being a mom is one of the hardest jobs in the world and they don't get enough credit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am the exact same way with my mom. I always call/text her when I need to talk. We're super close.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this! I love my mom, she's basically my best friend.

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete

Follow