Monday, September 21, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up: Camping Edition

We were camping with the Mackey's this weekend and had a blast. We got out of town on Friday afternoon and headed up to Ike Kinswa park in Washington. Justin got out of work late so I packed and loaded up the car by myself. I was so ready to go when he got home. 

Friday night we cooked up some hobo dinners and hung out around the fire. And we got to meet Harley finally :) He is so cute. He was such a good pup. 
Saturday morning we got up early and had some time around the fire...isn't that what camping is all about? We whipped up some omelets in a bag and the boys were itching to get into the lake. 
Then we played plenty of card games and hung out. I think I won the most :p


#dirtyhair

We didn't shower. Which is like insane for me. I love to shower. So it was pretty nasty for me to go two days without showering. 
Cheers to living in the same state again soon for the first time in NINE years :)

Tim and Justin made some delicious steak for dinner on Saturday and had some smores with Reese's in them :) so good!

We went to bed kind of early and it started to rain. Everything was a little damp, but we stayed pretty dry in the tent. It cleared up a bit in the morning.
Overall it was so much fun! I seriously don't even remember the last time I went camping. Justin absolutely loves it. I love all of it except not showering ;) yes, I'm still stuck on that. 
When we got home I literally walked into the house and walked straight into the bathroom to hop in the shower. I couldn't even handle it for another minute.

The Seahawks were on Sunday night football so of course we watched that and did a ton of laundry. Typical Sunday for us. 
I hope you had a great weekend too!!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend!! I've never been legit camping before because of the whole not showering situation. I want to try it, but I don't know it if I can handle it. I sound l like such a wimp! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so get you on the showering thing! That's my problem with camping too! And s'mores with Reese's are sooo amazing. I love your Blazers shirt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to go camping...however I would for sure need a place nearby to shower! Sounds like a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your camping trip sounds so fun! Also, I totally forgot about making hobo meals! We used to do it all the time at summer camp, I loved them!
    xo,
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I am calling from the blog, Say Yes To Happy. This post grabbed my attention. When we were your age, we LOVED to camp and play games. The skip bo game looked fun. I haven't seen this addition before? Congrats on being a new blogger....keep the faith...it only gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys look like you had the best weekend! I've always wanted to get out and camp.

    ReplyDelete

Follow