Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Bookworm Wednesday #2 - September 2015 Reads


Yay! It is my favorite time of the month, Bookworm Wednesday! Link up with us to share what you have been reading. Check out Molly's latest reads here! You can see what else I have read this year by clicking on the What I've Been Reading tab above :) Here is what I read in September...

#29 Down the Rabbit Hole by Holly Madison 
I have no idea why I was so drawn in by this book. At first I saw it on Amazon and read the first chapter as a preview. For some reason I thought it was fascinating. Maybe because I love celebrities. Also though, the book made me feel like Holly is just a normal person. She is very upfront about her feelings and personal struggles in this book. As weird as it sounds, I felt like she was very relatable. It was so interesting to me to read about her struggles and how deep down she really is just like everybody else trying to make it through life. 

#30-#33 The Lying Game 1-4
For real this time.

Okay, I like these characters so much more than I had originally thought. Specifically, I really like Emma. She seems much more normal than all of the other girls. And by normal I guess I really mean less snobby. I do like the other girls too. It has been interesting to see their characters develop throughout the first four books. The premise of this book is that Emma, who grew up in foster care, comes to meet her long lost twin sister Sutton. Only when she gets there she realizes that her sister has been murdered. Each book focuses on a specific character (or characters) as the potential murderer. At this point, it is pretty obvious that she is going up the wrong path with her suspects because there are 6 books in the series. I always try to figure out why each suspect is actually not guilty. I'm really interested to find out who the actual killer is...if there even is a killer at all ;)





8 comments:

  1. I really do enjoy reading books about famous people and this one sounds interesting! The Lying Game series sounds really good too! I love the type of book that just keeps you wondering what's next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this review! I have been wanting to read Down The Rabbit Hole because I used to watch her show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun link-up, and interesting picks! Intriguing to draw a mystery out over multiple books.... I enjoyed your review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh. I cannot believe you read all those lying game books. I wish that show was still on because I actually really liked it. Did you watch it?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I love how those books next to each other make a picture :) Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the pictures of the lying game books are AWESOME - what a great design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you watch the The Lying Game on ABC Family? I came across it on Netflix and was hooked! But they left of on a cliff hanger so maybe I should read the books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going to have to get on aboard with this link up next month - next one is November 4th right? I read a book every 2 weeks or so and always looking to share the reads with someone. So the hard part is which one to write about.

    ReplyDelete

Follow