Friday, October 2, 2015

Favorite Things About The PNW

I'm linking up with two of my real life blog friends today, Mattie and Julie, to talk about favorite things about our states. And as Mattie suggested, I'm linking up with Andrea for Friday Favorites too since these are still favorites :) Woo! Since I'm kind of in limbo between states right now (Washington and Oregon) I decided that I would keep mine a bit more broad and go with the Pacific Northwest in general.
It is oh so pretty!!
Something about just sitting by the water here makes me feel so calm. I just love it. When I lived in Tacoma I used to walk the waterfront all of the time with Jessamyn. I don't really feel like it can better than the PNW sunsets.

Mountains to Beaches 
You can seriously drive from the mountains to the beach in a matter of hours. This makes it easy to go to either beautiful place. There aren't many places in the US where that is possible :)
Get to See All 4 Seasons
In some states you can easily skip over spring or fall. I love that we get to experience all of the seasons. Especially fall, since you know that is my favorite. I like that we have the subtle changes between seasons and we get a bit of time to adjust. We think it is crazy when there is a 20 degree swing through out the day. From what I gather, this is very common in other places in the US.
Not Too Hot and Not Too Cold
There are so many places that get so hot in the summer and so snowy and cold in the winter. Well not here. Okay, maybe like once a year. But other than that it says pretty comfortable. I mean, this summer was probably just an exception. I could not live anywhere with 90+% humidity. When I went to Florida my hair was so disgusting. And I just feel so sticky and gross. I also feel like I can't breathe in the humidity. I know that people say you kind of get used to it, but really I just love the fresh air here :) It makes outside time so much better. 
Coffee & Beer
What more could you need? We have the best coffee here. There is coffee everywhere you go. I don't know how people get away with NOT drinking it. We also have so many breweries. There is a beer for everyone here in the PWN. Come try some :)

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

6 comments:

  1. The views where you live are just breathtaking!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl YES. There are so many other places in the country that sound amazing and I totally want to visit...but I seriously don't think I could live in any other weather. I don't do extremes, I like it mild. Haha! I didn't even think about mountains to beach! That's a good point. Also I used to love going to the Tacoma waterfront when I was in school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww yay for us being real life friends and the beautiful PNW! In March I went to Multnomah Falls for the first time and fell in love. Your post made me so excited for the big move. There are so many things I want to do and see, can't wait to explore with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home is beautiful!! I need to visit this area!! I've never been!!

    ReplyDelete

Follow