Thursday, October 8, 2015

Real Talk - Resumes


Okay, so all of you know by now that I just got a new job. I thought I would share a little bit about that experience with you. I wasn't applying for a ton of jobs. I just found a few that I was really interested in and I thought I would give it a shot. I didn't love my current resume, so I was thinking about using my newly learned PhotoShop skills to design a new one.

But really, that sounded like A LOTTTTTT of work. I noticed on the Creative Market Freebies that there were some resume templates on there. I decided to take a deeper look and realized that they had so many awesome resumes! I found so many that I liked. I really wanted a designed resume that had a picture and some icons. Here were my favorites:



But ultimately, I decided on this one:

Seriously I found so many different options on Creative Market. Stephanie had been talking about it forever and it took me a while to figure out all of the awesome stuff that they have on there. I want to buy everything. I feel like so much of the stuff is so affordable. I feel like you can end up spending so much money on resume designs, graphics, stock photos, etc. You can get the resume and cover letter for less than $20. I thought it was a steal of a deal. That is why I just have to show you guys. 

And here is the best part...I have applied for plenty of jobs with my old resume. One night I started using this new one and applied for four jobs. I got calls the very next day! Apparently, this new resume stood out so much more than my last one. I had applied for similar jobs at my new company before. I really think that this new resume design helped me land this new opportunity.

Linking up with Annie for Thoughts for Thursday!

3 comments:

  1. Things have definitely changed since the last time I updated my resume! I love the idea of including a headshot. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOORAY!!! FINALLY!!!! <3 <3 <3
    though i'm sad MY creative market referral link got YOU a new resume that landed you a new job.... far away from me! wahhhh!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo!!! I LOVE Creative Market!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Follow