Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Show and Tell Tuesday: First Jobs

I'm back at it for Show and Tell Tuesday. Today we are talking about our first jobs! I'm linking up with Andrea over at Momfessionals to share.

Okay, so my very very first job was working for someone who worked for my dad. In that job I was paid a lot of money to put together binders of information and create spreadsheets. Also, I was just really lucky and got to work with my dad so he drove me there and I got to go out to lunch every single day with all his coworkers. Of course everyone wanted to buy me lunch because my dad was their boss. Again, not like the real world, but it was fun :)


The first job I ever got on my own was a front desk worker at the YMCA. This was in high school and it was so much fun. I worked there for years and had many close friends as coworkers. This was my first job in customer service and set a good foundation for me going forward. There were so many good role models for us there so it was a great first job. They were also super flexible with our hours because so many of us were high school students. 


Justin's first job was working for a local healthcare nonprofit. He did the typical things that a 14 year old can handle...filing, putting books together, mailing, etc. He actually went to a really cool private high school that had a corporate internship program. All throughout high school he spent one day a week at a corporate internship. When he graduated high school he had already been through multiple internships and was familiar with the working world. How cool is that??

Excited to read about all of your first jobs today :) 
Don't forget to link up with us for Bookworm Wednesday tomorrow!! It will be fun!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like such a fun first job! Thanks so much for linking up!
    :) Andrea
    www.momfessionals.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of my first job working for my mom's company. I got paid way too much, my mom drove me and bought my lunch everyday. Plus, everyone was super nice to me since my mom was their boss! I was so spoiled, it definitely did not prepare me for the real world!

    www.mysortofadultlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Free lunch is what it's all about, girl!!! I would love that job too hahah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great first job! No one took me out every day for lunch ;)

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Y sounds so fun! And that's impressive that Justin got to do so many internships! That's such a great way to introduce kids into the working world

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always wanted to work at the front desk at the Y so I could scan everyone in haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The YMCA sounds like a good first job! I'm actually thinking about applying for a front desk position there right now! Even your first job sounds fun too--getting paid a lot & having people buy you lunch?!

    ReplyDelete

Follow