Monday, October 12, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up 10/12/15

Well another crazy busy weekend has come and gone. I feel like it just started :( and I definitely didn't catch up on any sleep like I wanted to. But it was worth it!

I left work early on Friday since Obama was going to be in town later in the afternoon. I didn't want to get caught in the craziness. I was able to leave for Portland before traffic was too crazy. For the first time in a longgggg time, my drive didn't take all that long. I got there in time for dinner with my hubby! My kitties finally remembered who I was and there was a lot of snuggle time. 
Saturday morning we woke up and met a friend for breakfast in our little neighborhood. It was yummy and good to catch up. Then we went all over trying to find free boxes. We had no luck. We ended up buying some at uhaul. After that we headed out to watch Cole play some football. It is really cute to watch little kids play, but also sometimes I can't handle it because I just want to run out there and coach them. Ha! Cole played well and he was out there bossing everyone around. It was hilarious. 
We left early because it started to rain and I was stressing about packing. We headed home and made SO much progress. We packed up almost everything we could while still making it livable for Justin. I didn't touch the kitchen, but other than that we are in good shape. On Saturday night we got to go out with Brandon and Tyra. It was so much fun. We just love hanging out with them. We also went to this bar that has this really cool secret backroom and you have to have a code to get in. It was so cool. Except they were having a private party back there so we couldn't hang out there. 
Sunday we got up and watched our Seahawks lose :( heart breaking. Then we packed up my car (again) and I headed back to my parents. This whole long distance thing is not fun. I don't know how people do it long term. Phew. Another great whirlwind weekend in the books. How was your weekend??

Linking up with Biana for Weekending and Meg for Mingle Monday. 

9 comments:

  1. Definitely sounds like a whirlwind weekend! So awesome you were able to make progress on packing. I can imagine that helps alleviate at least some stress! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All this rain has got to go! Looks like a fun AND productive weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you packed in some great times with the hubby this weekend! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I feel the same way about kid's sports! Especially baseball...it just seems so slow ha! That bar sounds like lots of fun! Sorry to hear your Seahawks lost...Steelers are in San Diego tonight so hopefully we get a W :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you were able to get a good amount of packing in despite having such a busy weekend. It must be getting more and more exciting about moving. And its so nice to catch up with friends :)

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel the same way about kids sports haha! When I think about how many games my mom sat through, I think she deserves a trophy of some sort haha!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Sounds like a great weekend despite the rain♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. that hawks loss really sucked, that rain was awful, and i love/miss you bad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope your long distance is ending soon. Sorry your Seahawks lost..but at least you got to go out with friends this weekend??? :)

    ReplyDelete

Follow