Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Bookworm Wednesday - March Reads

Hi all! As usual, I'm so sorry I have been MIA for so long. I'm really struggling with time management and getting back into this whole blogging thing. Ugh! So I'm WAY behind on my reading too. Are you surprised? I'm only reading book #7 of the year, how crazy is that? Last year I had finished like 15 by now. Don't forget to check out Molly's reads for March :)

#5 I Said Yes by Emily Maynard Johnson
Hey bachelor fans, I'm at it again reading another memoir (thanks Julie, that is all your fault!). I think it is interesting to read these books and see how their lives turned out after they were done being on tv and in the public eye 24/7. I was happy to hear that Emily is so happy and has created such a happy life for herself. If you are looking for bachelor/bachelorette details though, you won't find much here. I did learn a few things, but if you want major behind the scenes details I would suggest Courtney's book. I have had this feeling lately that things are happening for a reason and this book really made me think about that even more. It seems like that is something that Emily believes in too. It was great to see how she got to where she is today. It was an easy read and I did enjoy it!

#6 All Fall Down by Jennifer Weiner

Last month I read my first Jennifer Weiner book. I don't know how I have gone so long without picking up one of her books. It was an intense topic, pain pill addiction. It also didn't help that I read it after I had surgery and was on pain meds. Scared the daylights out of me and I couldn't take the meds anymore out of fear that I could end up like the character in this book. Speaking of characters, I loved them. This book brought up a really good point that drug addictions can affect anyone no matter how "normal" you think your life is. I like books that are wrapped up in a neat little bow at the end. This one was great for that. I knew exactly what happened and was happy with it!

You should be my friend on Goodreads so you can keep up with what I'm reading all the time ;)

2 comments:

  1. I have read many of Jennifer's books. She is a good author. Haven't read this one yet and you bet I'm going to search it out. Thanks for hosting even in the midst of your busyness. Goodreads, I've seen that around a lot. Could you tell me more about it when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually didn't know that Emily came out with a book and now i'm seeing it everywhere. I want to read it so bad!!! If you want someone to send it to, i'm open ;)

    ReplyDelete

Follow