Friday, April 22, 2016

Summer Bucket List 2016

Hi friends! I had a great idea a few weeks ago to do a "Summer Bucket List," I feel like the summer always gets away from me before I even have time to get everything planned. Well, that is not going to happen this year. I'm a planning machine. I want to do all sorts of things this summer. If only we had longer weekends...fingers crossed that we can check most of these off our list! 

1. Camping with the Mackey's - Lake Wenatchee State 
This one is already booked :) we had so much fun last year that we decided to make it an annual thing!

2. Mariners Games
I hope we can go to a bunch this year! Even if we are horrible. 

3. Crater Lake 
Okay, so I lived in Oregon for 10 years and I never went. That is so bad! I have heard how beautiful it is so we are hoping to make it there sometime this summer. This one will probably be the furthest we would have to drive, so we will see if it actually ends up happening.

4. Vancouver BC or Victoria BC
Justin hasn't ever been to Canada and since we are so close now, I figure, why not?

5. Lake Chelan with the Family
I'm not 100% sure that we will be able to find a weekend for this one. But I really really want to do it! I haven't been there since I was a kid and everyone always talks about it. I would love to spend a weekend there this summer!


6. Lost Lake - Hike in Mount Hood
Justin's favorite place is Lost Lake. If we were to stay in Portland for a weekend we could do both of these things in a day trip, which would be ideal. There is also this hike near Multnomah Falls where you have to swim across the stream. We really wanted to do it last year, but we never got around to it. Hoping we can make it this year. 

7. Lavender Fields in Sequim with Dave and Julie
Last year we were going to go to the Lavender farm at Mt Hood, but the weather was over 100 degrees on that day so we opted for AC instead. I would love to see the pretty lavender farms in Sequim this year. 

8. Suncadia 
My friend's mom has a place here ;) and I'm really hoping that we can go there for a weekend too!

9. Snoqualmie Falls
I was just talking to my mom about how I have never seen this. I don't know how that is possible. 

10. Rattlesnake Hike
Last time I tried to do this it was very icy and kind of scary. Also, Justin's back was out so he couldn't go. I have heard that it is so beautiful so I'm hoping we can make it up there. It is pretty close do I think we will. 

Phew, we will have no problem coming up with things to do this summer. I have ideas galore. I wonder how many we will actually end up checking off the list. I have to post this so I stop adding to it every day ;) Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! You have so many beautiful places you can visit this summer!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to Crater Lake either and it's a major bucket list item for me! I've also been to Canada only once and it was Victoria and I was like 12, so I want to go again. I used to go to Chelan ever summer--my grandparents had a house that overlooked the lake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is quite the list! Looks like it will make for a great summer! I think adults should get summer break too :)

    ReplyDelete

Follow