Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Book Worm Wednesday - June 2016 Reads

I've gone missing from the blog world again! Sorry, I really am the worst. Blogging is hard! Also, we close on our new house this week. AND WE MOVE IN NEXT WEEKEND. That is just a slight glimpse into our crazy life. I have still been reading every night, but not as much as usual since I pretty much pass out the second I hit my pillow. I did get through 2 books in June:

#10 It's Not Okay by Andi Dorfman
You probably already know that I'm a huge sucker for Bachelor/Bachelorette books. I always want to know all of the behind the scenes information. I usually can't stop reading these books once I start them because I just have to know what really happened. I loved Andi's book because she is so real in it. I mean, I guess that is kind of the point of writing a book. But I don't feel like all of them are this real. She really lays it all out there for the readers. I also feel like I connect with her because she seems so normal. The things she talks about with her friends just seem like such normal life things. I actually never finished Andi's season. That is the first season in a long time that I didn't finish. I think I was just really busy during the time it was on and never caught up. So a lot of this info was new to me. I really liked this book and loved how positive she was throughout it!

#11 Then Came You by Jennifer Weiner 
I'm on a Jennifer Weiner kick lately. Even though her books are so hard to get from the library because everyone else wants to read them too! I loved all of the characters in this book and how they all ended up colliding. I really enjoy reading books where a bunch of different stories ending up coming together to create on big story. I think that is my favorite kind of book. There has to be a name for that. Anyway, this was one of those books and the storyline did not disappoint. I'm also a sucker for happily ever after books, so this one was right up my alley for that reason as well. It is a quick and light summer read. I would definitely recommend it!


2 comments:

  1. I am a big fan of Jennifer Weiner too. I was at the library yesterday and almost picked up another of hers, except I saw a new release I wanted to try instead. She is a good writer. Thanks for the linkup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for carrying on without me today!!! Ahhh send me that Andi Dorfman book ;) ...it's been on my list for forever!

    ReplyDelete

Follow